Our websites do not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, or email address. This information is only obtained if you provide it voluntarily, through contacting us via email or through an online form. Any information that you choose to provide will be protected in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and Brule Point policies and procedures.
Brule Point will only use your personal information for the stated purposes for which it was collected, unless you provide consent otherwise. Your personal information will only be disclosed to or accessed by Brule Point employees with a need to know in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. Brule Point will not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties.
Information gathered automatically
Brule Point’s web servers log some information about Internet traffic on our web pages. While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individual visitors, these logs capture aggregate, generic, non-personal identifying information about visitors such as:
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address from which you access our websites
- The type of browser and operating system used
- The date and time you access our websites
- The uniform resource locator (URL) of the pages you visit
- If you linked to one of our websites from another website, the address of that website
- Your general geographic location
We use this information to help us make our websites more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits.
In some cases, the Internet domain or IP address of visitors could allow for individual identification, depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. If this concerns you, you may wish to ask them about their policies and practices.
Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Brule Point personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.
Information collected in e-mails and web forms
Should you choose to provide us with personal information — as in an email or by filling out an electronic form and submitting it to us through our website — we will use that information to respond to your request.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser and will NOT let a website know any personal information about you, such as your name and address. Since cookies are only text files, they cannot run on your computer, search your computer for other information or transmit any information to anyone.
- Monitor website usage and improve the operation and performance of our websites to make them easier and more convenient to use; for example, cookies help us remember who you are through your browser settings so that we can offer and provide more personalized services (e.g. language preference).
- Save passwords and preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit a website.
- Measure aggregate user traffic and demographic statistics related to the websites (e.g. number of users, average time spent, average age and similar statistics). This information helps us to better understand when to update, change or offer new services and provides us with details as to the performance of third party advertisements and content.
Links to other sites
Our websites may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content and the privacy practices of other websites.